Monday 2 August 2010

Egg Chasing, Peanut huggers and Beer

So, Friday night I went out with the Father-in-law to watch the Warriors play at Walkabout. Wigan were awesome, absolutely awesome.


Firstly I feel its important to tell my loyal followers that I wouldn't normally condone such sports, using such put-downs as "Its handball" and "Its a sport for those that can't play football" to name but a few.


I have however been taken with Wigan Warriors, this is my second season of occasional interest in their games and now that I understand the rules a bit, I am actually enjoying it as a spectacle. It doesn't inspire me to go buy a rugby ball, nor get into a scrum of my own, but as a sporting event, its good fun.


So just to confirm, I've not crossed over to the dark side.


Anyway, the evening was good fun, Wigan won with aplomb and the game was punctuated by a rather excitable old woman who was screaming at the big screen. Mild amusement aside, I began to wish I had some form of tranquiliser. I was pleased to hear that I wasn't the only one as other patrons began muttering about it also.


I had a few beers, interspersed with a few diet cokes to try and keep the calorie intake down as I now go full bore, all out, up to maximum velocity towards my holiday and try and lose as much weight as I can whilst enjoying myself and knowing me, I think August will be a fun month!


Forthcoming events include, in date order;


14th August - Birthday BBQ


21st August - Birthday


28th August - Birthday bash (darn saaf)


So, a busy month indeed!! I'm sure there will be more updates on here, til next time happy readers!


G

No comments:

Post a Comment